Detective Chief superintendent David Cook (left) was allegedly under surveillance by News of the World during an investigation into the murder of private investigator Daniel Morgan (right)

Friday, July 22, 2011

Operation Motorman

Earlier this year I corresponded with the Observer in relation to Operation Motorman and the systemic obtaining of illegally acquired personal information by my preferred Sunday newspaper. My concerns and correspondence are gathered here with other blog posts relating to Motorman. Further to a column by the readers’ editor – partly in response to my correspondence and linked to below – I added a series of comments and questions on The Observer website. They were not responded to. I have this evening written formally seeking a response. I will keep readers here advised of any response.

The terms of my correspondence with the readers’ editor of The Observer follow: